The Hollow - Agatha Christie
The Hollow is an Agatha Christie mystery first published in 1946. It is one of her Hercule Poirot mysteries and is largely set on a remote country estate called The Hollow after the death of a doctor. It follows the typical Christie structure and though it is not my favourite Christie that I've ever read (hello, Murder at the Vicarage and Murder on the Orient Express) I have to say that I'm enjoying the mystery as it unfolds. The characters are interesting and well rendered, most of them have depth and complexity which is something that I can find a bit hit and miss in Christie's works. One major downside for me would be that the story does not contain Captain Hastings and thus it does not have the Hastings-Poirot back and forth that really add a great whit and humour to some of her other Poirot stories. On the whole though, I am not complaining.
What are you reading at the moment? Have you read The Hollow? Drop me a line and let me know!
Chat soon,
xo
*this post is not sponsored. Image above is not mine - source is in text.

No comments:
Post a Comment